Fire Safety Tips for Your Family
Getting out of your house safely
Does your family know how to survive a fire by having an escape route and meeting place outside of your home? Do you have a fire extinguisher in your: kitchen, garage, basement, workshop, etc.? Do you and your family know what to do in case of a fire?
Here are five tips if a fire breaks out in your home:
1. Close the door to the room or area, confining the fire.
2. Alert everyone else to get out and go to your established meeting place.
3. Have someone call 911 from a neighbour’s,
4. Fight a fire only if you have the means, know how, and have a way out.
5. Stay together and have someone responsible direct the fire fighters in.
Page Last Updated: Apr 20, 2015 (12:45:00)